Jody Cantillon, Partner and member of the Litigation Team, is a qualified and accredited Mediator. Jody is quite happy to assist anyone who requires advice in relation to mediation, or alternative methods of resolving disputes.
Mediation is a consensual process whereby an independent and impartial third party (the Mediator) assists two or more disputing parties in reaching a mutually acceptable resolution to their dispute.
Mediation is a form of alternative dispute resolution and can be used as an alternative to going to Court.
The Mediation Act 2017, now requires Solicitors to advise their clients of the option of going to mediation in an effort to resolve a matter without the need to go to Court.
Some of the advantages of Mediation are:
- Through mediation parties may get a faster, and cheaper, resolution to their dispute than if they proceeded through the Courts.
- Mediation is an entirely confidential process.
- Mediation allows parties to come to their own decision, as opposed to having a decision imposed on them by another person/authority.
- Mediation allows parties to come to a more flexible decision, which may be more workable in each party’s individual circumstances.
- Mediation is entirely voluntary.
Contact us at Cantillons (+353 (0)21 4275673 or firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like more information.
“In contentious business, a solicitor may not calculate fees or other charges as a percentage or proportion of any award or settlement.”