Cantillons settled a case involving an accidental overdose due to a pharmacy error
Posted in News on Thursday, October 1st, 2020
Cantillons settled a case for a 78 year old woman who suffered life altering injuries when she collapsed due to an accidental overdose. The Plaintiff in this case was dispensed medication from a Pharmacy in Dublin with the incorrect dosage instructions, which meant that she took 3 times the prescribed dose. Sadly, this culminated in the Plaintiff collapsing in her kitchen, suffering injuries to her head, neck, back and legs. As well as this, the Plaintiff suffered psychological injuries. Liability was admitted at an early point in time, however her injuries were bitterly disputed. The matter settled for a significant six figure sum allowing the Plaintiff to purchase the necessary aids and equipment she will require to make her more independent in her own home and out and about.
Contact us at Cantillons Solicitors at +353 (0)21 -4275673 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like more information.
* In contentious business, a solicitor may not calculate fees or other charges as a percentage or proportion of any award or settlement.